Saturday, January 10, 2009

SPARE TIME

Another crazy week. Matt, Sean, Connor, and Kins back to school and back to work for Matt and me. So what do we do with our spare time? Not that we have much - but often Matt and I have very different ideas of relax time. I have a couple of "girls night out" groups that I get together with...a book club, movie night, and stitch club (Julee - stop laughing - I can sew a little!), and coming soon - bunco. Mostly it ends up being just a good excuse to have lots of fun girl talk time - but I really look forward to all of them and I am making some really cute things at stitch club.

Matt, on the other hand, will get up at 5am on a Saturday to drive to a frozen lake where he has to set up "camp", drill a hole in the ice, and stick a fishing pole into the hole - hoping that some fish is dumb enough to bite. I, obviously, don't get it!

This isn't to say that we don't have lots in common and one of our favorite ways to unwind is date night at the movies. That's our thing - movies. Not usually dinner and a movie - just a movie. We like comedies, action, drama, he's even seen Twilight with me twice - just no R-rated or horror. So, in the words of Daddy Warbucks - "Let's all go to the movies".

No comments: