Friday, January 16, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!








Happy 2nd birthday to our wonderful baby boys!! It is so hard to believe that it's been a whole two years since you guys came to us. We were reminiscing about the day that they were born and realized that the 15th was actually the long day. They were born just after 1 am on the 16th.
The 15th started at 4:30 am as Matt and I had to
be at the hospital by 5:30 for a C-section. Well, as many of you know, there would be no C-section that day as the Anesthesiologists tried to put in an epidural for 2 1/2 hours with no luck. 27 sticks with that HUGE needle - with no luck. I actually had to leave Alta View Hospital still pregnant. They had me go up to LDS Hospital that evening for what I assumed would be a C-section where they would just completely knock me out. By then, I was exhausted and ready to be knocked out!!

But NNNOOO, I was told that the babies were in great position and that the doctor thought that it would be better if a just labor and deliver them. Oh right - did I mention that no one could get an epidural in me???!!! I really didn't want to do this naturally. Well, they had their "best guy" on that night and he wanted to give the epidural a try. It took a little punching through, but he did get it in there (yippee) and I actually ended up having the most relaxing birth of all my kids! Go figure!

Well, they were absolutely beautiful angels then and they still are. They are the lights of our lives. It has been so much fun to watch how identical twins deal with each other. They are so caring and thoughtful towards each other (for the most part) and always have their very best friend right there. They keep us hopping and laughing and cleaning up, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Happy birthday Gav and Quinn - we love you lots!!!


No comments: