Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A BIG DAY FOR OUR COUNTRY


Well, as we all know, this day will go down as history making for our country. No matter how you what side you fall on polically, it is an important day. I am a big American history fan (as any of you who have been in my house know). I have an "America" wall with framed pictures of Washington and Lincoln, the Pledge of Allegience, the Star Spangled Banner, etc., etc., etc., and my decor is all red, white and blue (and a red, white, and blue ring!) It's a sickness! I am facinated by the history of our great county and can't even tell you how much I wish I was in DC right now.

I LOVE DC! It's been a long time since I visited, but would LOVE the opportunity to return. I would love to be part of history and unlike my husband - I love the crowds. Crowds are invigorating to me. I just don't like to have to keep track of kids in crowds. I would love to visit Arlington again, I would love to visit the Mall, and I would love to visit all of the beautiful memorials. This is not to say that I don't think that Washington DC is an incredibly corrupt town. Quite the contrary, but I am very intrigued by our roots and I plan to return someday with my family and take it all in again.

No comments: